New Staff Admission
General information and application procedures.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit the following items:
• your c.v. with contact details of three professional referees
• a letter of application, addressed to me, of maximum two sides.
These documents should all be attached to one e-mail with a subject line stating
the position applied for and your name to email@example.com .
Long listed candidates will be interviewed by Skype.
Short listed candidates will be invited to Lisbon.
All applications will be acknowledged.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic PYP Coordinator for the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
- Provide pedagogical leadership and coordinate the PYP curriculum within the school;
- Support all teachers in delivering a transdisciplinary inquiry-based education across the PYP programme;
- Communicate PYP related information to the wider learning community;
- Take a leading role in planning and delivering professional development;
- Participate in the appraisal of PYP staff and contribute to the development of a Junior School teacher mentor programme;
- Communicate with the IBO regional office and the IBCA to ensure that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines;
- Contribute to whole-school collaboration and communication, especially relating to the MYP and Diploma programmes, and take an active role in whole school planning;
- Work collaboratively with other members of the learning community to support the school’s mission and definition of learning.
Requirements and Experience
- Holds an internationally recognised bachelor’s degree and teaching qualification;
- Has proven experience as a pedagogical leader within a PYP school environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team;
- Has a passion for education and excellence and demonstrates commitment to the philosophy of the IB
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education
- Has good interpersonal skills; is friendly, dynamic, open-minded and approachable;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Demonstrates good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds;
- Demonstrates effective organisational skills and is able manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Experience in more than one IB school
- Previous experience in an international setting
- Previous experience as a PYP Coordinator
- IB workshop leader or school visitor
MATERNITY COVER – JUNIOR SCHOOL
We are requiring a qualified teacher from January 2022 – April 2022 to cover a maternity leave.
The position is for a Grade 4 class.
Experience in the PYP would be an advantage but not essential.
For both positions, please send a CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org